- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for the baking dish
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 375ml oat-based cooking cream
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt, plus more as needed
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 900g broccoli (about 4 heads), cut into small florets (about 8 cups)
- 100g Ilo Vegaanin pizzamuru
- 50g fresh breadcrumbs
Serves: 4 to 6
Preheat oven to 230 C
1) Add olive oil to a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the flour until smooth. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Add the oat-based cream, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and nutmeg and bring to a boil while whisking. Lower the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the white sauce is thickened, about 10 minutes. Season with pepper and remove from the heat.
2) Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan and set up a steamer above. Put the broccoli in the steamer and season with salt. Cover, and steam until tender but still crisp, about 5 minutes.
3)Put the broccoli in the prepared dish, sprinkle with half of Ilo pizzamuru and pour over the white sauce. Cover with the remaining Ilo pizzamuru.
4) Cook the breadcrumbs with some olive oil, stirring, until lightly browned. Cover the gratin with the browned bread crumbs. Bake until lightly browned and bubbly, about 20 minutes. Let the dish sit for 5-10 minutes and serve.